Saturday, 29 August 2015

Chilli Jam Mosaic Monday

Hello


It's that time of year. No not Christmas. Not Wimbledon. It's chilli jam time. Get the maracas out and do a little dance!!

Mr CK decided to make it this year - here it is. Ta da!



Nigella's recipe is very simple

150g red chillies
150g red peppers
1kg jam sugar
600 ml cider vinegar

Pulse the chillies, add and pulse the peppers

Dissolve the sugar in the vinegar over a low heat - NO STIRRING

Add the chillies and peppers to the pan

Boil and boil for 10 minutes

Allow to cool

After 40 minutes, put it in sterilised kilner jars




Of course it's a bit tricky to tell if it's set or not!

Jolly tasty on sausages not so good on toast!

Enjoy

I'm linking with Judith at Lavender Cottage for Mosaic Monday, Thanks Judith.

Bye for now.

16 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious, will have to give that a go, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live chilli jam! I hope that yours is wonderful and has set very well - but it will make a great sauce if it hasn't! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great thinking! It looks quite solid though :-)

      Delete
  3. Sounds just delicious, YUM! I love the colors and your images. Happy Monday, have a great new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love chile jam. When I lived in New Mexico I always had a jar (or more) of both red chile and green chile jam. You are making me home-sick! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Green chilli sounds good, we've got some purple chilli plants as well perhaps we should try them too. :-)

      Delete
  5. My but it looks delicious! Have a grand day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is something tasty my husband would love...now if I could get my chili peppers to grow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather's been so changeable here, ours had such a bad start but they've done OK in the end. :-)

      Delete
  7. I buy red pepper jelly (same thing) all the time and love it as a condiment for meat. Great recipe!
    Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just returned from a trip to Santa Fe and brought back some lovely chili jam from the farmer's market.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It does sound wonderful and I know a neighbor whom will enjoy this as well~

    ReplyDelete