Monday, 20 July 2015

Mosaic Pottery Monday

Hello

Many thanks for joining me again for Mosaic Monday courtesy of Judith at Lavender Cottage. Follow the link for some more outlooks on life.


My mosaic today shows some homemade pottery.

The little dog and the crocodiles were made by two of our children when they were little at a summer holiday pottery course at a local arts centre. I was so thrilled to collect them at the end of the day clutching all the things they had made after an exciting days modelling. The dog even appeared in the centre's brochure which thrilled us all to bits.

The little black pot was made by my Dad, it has recently come back into the light after clearing out Mum's cupboard and brings back memories of my childhood.

I made the others at a pottery class a number of years ago where I enjoyed messing about with the clay, the best bit being decorating the pots with slips and glazes which bore no resemblance to the colours of the finished pots. So exciting going to collect the latest creation - would it have exploded in the kiln or not?

Have a good week and many thanks for all your messages.

12 comments:

  1. Hello, your pottery pieces are wonderful. I like that they have special memories for you! Beautiful mosaic! Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love handmade pottery. I have a few pieces that my god-children made. I love handmade anything and the memories attached. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! Great memories, with things handmade with love. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pieces made by your children hold sweet memories - treasures to keep and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The little dog really is cute, what fun for children to create with their hands. I browsed your flower show post and enjoyed seeing how it compared to the ones our garden club has.
    Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some flower shows are quite cut throat with people guarding their vegetables and feeding them secret potions, ours is very low key but fun all the same. :-)

      Delete
  6. You have a great collection and some lovely memories too! xx

    ReplyDelete