Monday, 6 July 2015

Anemone Mosaic

Flushed with success after all your kind comments following my mesembryanthemums last week, for which I thank you very much, I now present a mosaic of anemones.

People tell me they are difficult to grow and I must admit I haven't been successful before but when I saw the pretty packet in the reduced bin at the supermarket, I thought I would have another go. They remind me of my Nanny's garden all those years ago, along with antirrhinums which you can squeeze to make them open and close their mouths! The things that you remember!

When I got home I popped the corms here and there in different conditions in the garden to see where they would feel comfortable and lo and behold they've put on a fabulous display albeit scattered all over the place!



Thanks very much to Judith at Lavender Cottage for the Mosaic Monday fun, follow the link to see lots of other posts.

Cheerio for now!

11 comments:

  1. Isn't the anemone just the most beautifully delicate flower? And the colors are so vivid!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, but then all flowers are wonderful when you look closely. :-)

      Delete
  2. I love anemones ... amazing color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little packet in the reduced bin must have been waiting for you to come along and give the corms a chance at life.
    I'm happy that they all performed in the various places you planted them, very pretty.
    Thank you for linking to Mosaic Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judith. Many thanks for sharing my post. Best wishes. :-)

      Delete
  4. You've had great success with your anemones - they are beautifully colored.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I've been really pleased with them :-)

      Delete
  5. I just love all the colors of these anemones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never know what colour the flowers are going to be!

      Delete
  6. How lovely that your bargain Anemones all flowered and so beautifully too:)

    ReplyDelete