Wednesday, 3 June 2015

Strawberries and Beans

Hurrah!  The Pick-Your-Own Strawberry Farm is open again following closure over the winter.

With the wind blowing a gale and the rain drizzling down, I headed for the farm in search of fruit and veg.

As we haven't really had an awful lot of sun yet, things are a bit behind and following on from Half Term when the children swamped in picking anything with a teeny bit of red on it, I had to have a good old rummage amongst the greenery but came up with these.








I also picked a few broad beans, the only other things on offer at the moment are rhubarb and spinach but there will be loads of other fruit and vegetables when they've grown a bit bigger. You can see from the picture below just how windy it was as the windsock is fluttering around looking quite scary hopefully keeping the birds at bay.



The farmer probably doesn't want these wild flowers in amongst his crops but I love them.



Crops are sprouting up all over.


The big red strawberry is out by the road showing the farm is open for business.  You can even see it from the London train as it zips past.


These chaps have nothing to do with strawberries - I just got a bit distracted in the garden centre along the way!


There's the first farm trip of the year, I'm sure there will be many more.

Thanks for calling in.

Bye for now.

2 comments:

  1. What a great place!!! Hope that you enjoy your strawberries! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love PYO - not done it for a while, think I might persuade the family that we should do it again :)

    ReplyDelete