Friday, 5 June 2015

Red - Five on Friday

Hello and welcome to my red post, a random collection of red bits and bobs.  As always I am contributing to Amy from Love Made My Home's Five on Friday fun.  Do have a look to see all the others that are joining in today.

Thank you also for all your comments on previous posts, it's always good to hear from you.

Here we go then!

1. The photo below shows some digestive biscuits but they are not ordinary biscuits as the packet is made of felt.  Last year Lucy Sparrow created an art installation in London - a whole corner shop full of felt items.  Everything from the newspapers to the ice-creams in the freezer was felt! It was truly a spectacular feat and must have taken her ages. You could buy things from the shop but a packet of biscuits cost £20 instead of the usual £1 from a normal supermarket! It transferred to Brighton after a month and is not on view anymore. When I visited, Lucy took several people off for a workshop where they were all busy making packets of Doritos!



2. Another art installation, but permanent this time, is in Kingston.  Called Out of Order, it was made by sculptor David Mach in 1989 and features 12 tumbling telephone boxes.


3. Weren't the poppies at the Tower of London wonderful, Blood Swept Lands and Sea of Red.  Here's the website if you want to read more about it.


4. Here are some Razzamatazz chilli plants at the West Dean Chilli Fiesta.  Even if you don't like eating chillies, these look wonderful as houseplants. The chillies change colour going yellow, purple and red.


5. A vibrant acer in the autumn at Winkworth Arboretum.  What a fabulous colour! Here's my post on the Arboretum in the Spring.


Have a great week and see you all again another day!



12 comments:

  1. What a great post, I was so impressed by the felt creations. The poppies were sight for a sore eyes, I would love to have gone to see it my daughter did and thought it amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for a post theme! All such wonderful red things. I have a poppy to remind me, but it was good to see the photo again. The felt installation is amazing isn't it!! So much incredible work. It must have taken forever to create! Thank you so much as always for joining in. I hope that you have a great - and colourful! - weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a great red post! The poppy photo is gorgeos...
    (I like it too, make post in one color)
    Greetings from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every week I read your posts, I just love them. you have such an eye for the unusual, loving the felt biscuits. Great idea to have a colour post theme . Genius

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the felt installation, it must of taken ages to plan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Red is my second favourite colour (after pink!). I would have loved to have see the poppies at the Tower last year. I am sure it would have brought a tear to my eye ( as it did many people!). Have a marvellous weekend!
    www.queenbcreativeme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice pops of red here! I think the felted food packs are kind of a fun idea. I wonder if she sold all her produce? Really like the domino telephone booths!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, that gal in the shop is felt crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I just LOVE the poppies! And that tumbling telephone box art was really cool. Also, the felt objects for sale. I don't think the felt digestive biscuits would be so good for the digestion! :-) Great post! This is my first visit to Five for Friday. Have an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh those biscuits are great, that whole idea is genius. I also love the telephone boxes. The poppies were beautiful and the whole scene was very touching. A great five! Have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You picked some great things today. I remember reading about the corner shop all made of felt. I'm visiting from Five on Friday/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Five lovely things so bright and cheerful to see. I'd have loved to have seen the poppies. The biscuits in the felt shop are such fun:)

    ReplyDelete