Saturday, 6 June 2015

Loseley Park


Loseley Park is a fabulous place to visit, particularly the garden. Unfortunately I was due to look around the house for the first time but had a bit of a funny turn and had to cut short my visit and return home. How irritating. However, I have to say the volunteers were marvellous providing me with a bottle of water, their support, a refund and even a lift back to the station as all the taxis were busy. I will return again soon, maybe with someone else who can drive me home if necessary! Many thanks to them, I'm not sure how I would have managed without them.

Anyway, I managed a few shots of the garden in all it's rosy glory and will have to let you know about the house another time.































The last photo was taken last Autumn and over the winter the entire roof has been replaced which must have cost a fortune.  They used to produce the ice cream shown in the tub above however the business was sold to Beechdean Ice Creams in 2011 - you can still buy a tub or two in the shop or have a snack in the cafe.

It's a glorious place set in beautiful countryside.

I'm feeling much better, thank you!

Bye for now.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you had to end your visit early. I hope that you are all alright now. The garden is beautiful isn't it, especially the poppies! Hopefully you will get to see the house soon as if it is as good as the garden it will be well worth it won't it. Take care and make sure you relax this weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, I do hope you feel well again soon and can make a return visit. Loseley Park looks wonderful:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a truly beautiful place to visit. I'm sorry you had to cut your visit short, but how wonderful the volunteers were able to deliver you safely to the train station and get you back on your way home. Take good car of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you are feeling better, Karen. That must have been a bit of a fright. But thank you for sharing the photos - they are gorgeous. I do love a bit of floral loveliness. x

    ReplyDelete