Sunday, 28 June 2015

Hove's Beach Huts

Tootling up the Prom from Brighton to Hove, these beach huts hove into view! You know you have crossed the boundary between the towns when the railings change colour - turquoise for Brighton and racing green for Hove. As their High Streets are also joined, a small passageway between the shops leads off creating a gap between the two and on the seafront there is a statue of Peace where the towns meet. How nice!

Anyway, here are the huts, which one do you like best?






Peace
Bye for now.

8 comments:

  1. I love all the brightly coloured beach huts, they look so summery! It does fascinate me, though, that people pay so much money for what is basically a shed! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a look to see how much they cost - it's a whopping £14,000! :-)

      Delete
  2. I never knew that the two towns are separated by coloured railings! I love the jauntiness of beach huts and all those delicious colours. The different shades of blue are gorgeous, but I think I'll plump for the lilac one :)
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all look fantastic don't they! I like the one with the orange doors because it is a bit different, but if I were to ever have my own - very unlikely! - I would paint it in pastel ice cream colours I expect! Or blue and white. Glad you had a great time! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds nice. You could have crochet a blanket to match. x

      Delete
  4. Why not use the same pattern but add 4 extra rows to the front and back, bottom and roof, Bali Huts|Exotic Thatch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds a bit different and giving them some thatch would certainly draw in the crowds!

      Delete