Wednesday, 10 June 2015

Highgate Cemetry

Have your visited Highgate Cemetery? I happened to be passing by and popped in. It is a very atmospheric place.

There are two cemeteries, East and West for which there is an entry charge. The West cemetery is by tour only and needs to be organised in advance to make sure the tour isn't booked up. I haven't been there but the East cemetery is fine for a self guided tour.

Here are a few of my photos.



Karl Marx


Patrick Caulfield

Douglas Adams (next to the pens)
Very interesting place.

Bye for now.

2 comments:

  1. I have never been, but I imagine there are lots of interesting graves to see. I find it a little odd to charge for entry to a cemetery, I understand the tour, but not to just wander alone. Do you know what the reason is for that? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this photos (I very like cemeteries) and: I'm a child of and communistic systeme - former GDR - but I haven't known before, where Karl Marx is bury...

    ReplyDelete