Monday, 29 June 2015

Mesembryanthemums

As it is Mosaic Monday over on the Lavender Cottage blog I thought I would share our Livingstone daisies, also known as mesembryanthemums, as every day a different coloured flower opens to delight me.

Every afternoon when the bright sun begins to fade, the flowers close up. Today, they started to open at 10 am until their petals were stretched wide open to catch all the suns rays.



I've been having a few technical hitches getting all the photos in a mosaic, so here are some of the other colours separately!







Apparently Mesembryanthemum means midday opening and it certainly lives up to its name!

Thanks for visiting.

Have a great week.

19 comments:

  1. Oh, they are so very beautiful! Gorgeous colours. :)
    Thank you for sharing and have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The week has flown already, have a good weekend!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous! So many different colors. Such a happy flower! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Friday, I'm a bit late replying!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful variety of colors!!! Lovely flowers!! Wishing you well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to confess that mesembryanthemums are a new variety of flower for me, they appear similar to gerbera daisies. Gorgeous colours, thank you for linking to Mosaic Monday to share them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mother used to plant Livingstone daisies in the garden every summer and yet I had completely forgotten about them. Thanks for reminding me, Karen. Gorgeous pics. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous flowers and a lovely variety of colors. Enjoy your day and have a happy week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never grown any of these, but they are beautiful aren't they! I love the name too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are quite easy to grow from seed. x

      Delete
  9. Oh I love these flowers and the variety of colors is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete