Friday, 10 April 2015

Windows - Five on Friday

Hello again!  Today I'm joining in with Amy from Love Made My Home for Five on Friday, do visit her and see the all the fantastic Five on Friday posts on the linked blogs.

Last time I shared some lovely gardens around the UK and now my theme is windows.

Kings College Chapel, Cambridge
There are 12 large windows dating from the 1500s scattering their coloured light around the Chapel under the impressive fan vaulting on the ceiling. Kings website.

Reflections in the Salisbury Cathedral font by William Pye website

 Sir John Betjeman memorial window by John Piper in All Saints Church Farnborough Berkshire. See my blog post for other Piper windows


Rose window in Alexandra Palace London, an exhibition centre. website 




Both windows from Two Temple Place, London, a Victorian mansion built by William Waldorf Astor but now the home of the Bulldog Trust that has art exhibitions from time to time open to the public. website

So there we are! A few more places to visit or look at on the websites if they are too far away.

Thank you for visiting.  See you again soon.

18 comments:

  1. These are such lovely pieces of art you have shared. I wish I could visit each one of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps you have a few different ones near you. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! The photographs are beautiful, I love stained glass windows when the light streams through, so beautiful. Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite tricky getting a good photo with the sun shining, but they are so colourful. Enjoy your weekend too.

      Delete
  3. What amazing windows. I have just started crafting with glass fusion and now beginning to understand the complexity and difficulty, these are so intricate. Lovely share thank you. Also didn't realise about John Piper and windows, off to google and find out more, along with your post too. thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore stained glass windows, they are incredibly intricate. The work that goes into making them is unbelievable. I've been on the lookout for a nice door for the kitchen with stained glass, I shan't give up until I find one x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some wonderful windows!!! I especially like the one from Salisbury Cathedral. A great idea for a post. Thank you so much for joining in!! It is great to have you. I hope that you have a great weekend!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wouldn't it be lovely to have windows just like that in our own homes? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every day would be a sunny day! :-)

      Delete
  7. How gorgeous, this is one thing I miss about the UK, all those wonderful abbeys and cathedrals and all the historic buildings. Thanks for sharing, have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are very lucky, there are so many hidden gems. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Karen, I've called in via Amy's Five On Friday. I do love a good stained glass window - thank you for sharing. Hope you are enjoying the weekend. x

    ReplyDelete