Wednesday, 18 March 2015

Twickenham

It's amazing what you find when you least expect it.  Sherlock was back in my bag together with the camera and we were off on a trip. Even the sun came out.

Today the destination was Twickenham.  Having a couple of hours to kill before the main event, I ambled down towards the river Thames. What a beautiful spot! So peaceful, no hustle and bustle.



I thought I would head towards Marble Hill House even though it wouldn't be open for viewing until April. I'll have to come back another day to explore that. As I pootled by the river I inadvertantly entered York House Park, the well-looked-after gardens of York House which is currently used as Twickenham Town Hall and looks a great place for weddings. I spent quite a while wandering round the Park, mainly because I couldn't find the way out again. There's a bridge over the road from the river side to the house side.




When the weather warms up a bit, I'm sure it will be very colourful there flowerwise. The magnolias were just starting to open.


Then, the most amazing fountain caught my eye!  It was so big I couldn't get it all in the photo.



You'll just have to go and have a look !  This website has some better photos.

The road by the river is lovely.






Orleans House Gallery - for another visit


Marble Hill House is the white Palladian villa above which was built for King George II's mistress but now belongs to English Heritage.

I'll leave you here til tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment