Thursday, 5 February 2015

Reading and Blake's Lock

Despite a snowy, drizzly start to the day, I ventured into Reading. It was freezing at the station but a brisk walk to Hobbycraft warmed me up. I've bought a polystyrene hoop which I'm going to turn into some sort of jolly wreath when I've decided which type to make. There is plenty of bloggy inspiration out there full of colour and woolyness.

Just behind Toys'r'us, you can pick up a footpath by the River Kennet which passes Reading Abbey before it joins up with the other part of the Kennet and turns into the Kennet and Avon Canal, flowing past the Oracle shops on its way to Bristol. You can pop into a tiny museum at Blake's Lock, meander past the Abbey on the Oscar Wilde trail into Forbury Gardens or as I did - Carluccios, for a cup of their special hot chocolate (custard).

Reading Abbey with Reading Gaol in the background. Statue by Elizabeth Frink.

Blake's Lock Museum

Gypsy caravan at the Museum built in 1914

Random design on a bridge

Yum!
Nothing exciting going on at the town centre, I had already been to the main Town Hall museum exhibition, couldn't resist another book Life After Life by Kate Atkinson and a snazzy photo frame from Evolution which was closing down.


Just got to find a photo to go inside. Bye for now.   :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment